Always Remember the First Time
- 1987: The Sidekicks played a Championship Series game for the first time on this date.
- 1986: Sidekicks General Manager Ron Adkins announced that an agreement that had
been made in principle on June 6 for Don
Carter to sell the team to a group lead by Jim Graham had fallen through.
He also announced that negotiations to purchase the team had ended, the club
would fold, and that he would "carry out Mr. Carter's instructions regarding
the sale of the club's assets."
- Neither side would comment on the reasons the deal failed.
- The Sidekicks would be back in business the following day with Graham's group.
- Click here to read the article from the Dallas Morning News.
- 1990: Bankruptcy Judge Robert McGuire conditionally approved the Sidekicks Chapter 11 reorginzation plan on this date. <click here for the Dallas Morning News Article>
Once and Future Opponents
MISL Championship Series Games