Scoring System Reinstated
- 2003: new-Major Indoor Soccer League Commissioner Steve Ryan announced the reinstatement of the single-goal scoring system. The decision was made at the League meetings held in Baltimore, Maryland, May 15 and 16. The single goal scoring system will be adopted in the upcoming 2003-04 MISL season.
Once More United
- 2014: Surviving clubs from the third version of the Major Indoor Soccer League (2008-2013) joined with 16 Professional Arena Soccer League teams to form the Major Arena Soccer League. The announcement was made at a press conference in Baltimore, Maryland.
- The former MISL clubs included the Baltimore Blast, Milwaukee Wave, St. Louis Ambush, Missouri Comets (Kansas City), Rochester Lancers, and Syracuse Silver Knights.
- All 2013-14 PASL members except Illinois, Bay Area, Sacramento, and Cleveland joined as well.
- Expansion teams were awarded to Brownsville, Texas and Tacoma, Washington.